What does it mean to be a successful man in today's modern world?
In many corners of our culture (and the internet) masculinity is considered toxic.
Compared to just 50 years ago, a climate exists where it can feel unsafe to express publicly the desire to be a strong, powerful and capable man.
Our culture has almost become schizophrenic in it's attitude towards masculine competence. One the one hand many revere strength and capability in men yet on the other, consider it the root of most of our problems.
But what does success, power and competence really look like as a man?
Is it something inherently destructive that should be feared? Or would the world be a better place if it were filled with more truly powerful men?
In this episode, Abhi & Shane discuss the state of masculinity today as well as how to achieve freedom and happiness as a man.
In this episode...
Some of the points covered in today's conversation:
- 00:00 - Intro
- 01:52 - Why skills are a key to success in almost any area.
- 13:15 - Woke vs Hustle Culture. Which side is right?
- 26:06 - Red Pill & MGTOW.
- 37:30 - The issues with social media algorithms.
- 47:26 - How does the "toxic masculinity" message affect men?
- 57:45 - Masculinity shaming & procrastination.
- 1:01:15 - Does being rich & famous really make us happy?
- 1:03:50 - Why building a tribe is one of the keys to success.