On the path to total freedom in our lives, we come up against a number of obstacles. Choosing to free ourselves financially, geographically and mentally is not an easy task.
Perfectionism, poor habits, un-supportive social environments and a constant barrage of distractions all serve to keep us from actualising our fullest potential.
To break out of the human zoo, it's going to take everything you have.
In this episode of the ikario podcast, Abhi & Shane discuss productivity, perfectionism, goal achievement and skill building in a conversation that only just scratches the surface (so keep an eye out for part two).
In this episode...
Some of the points covered in today's conversation:
- As men, why do we chase goals? What are we really trying to achieve? (it might shock you).
- The compelling drive of becoming more attractive - and how far this reaches as a motivating factor in our lives.
- What we discovered when we asked young men what they truly wanted.
- Why men today live in a system that has imprisoned them in countless ways - and why it's possible (although difficult) to break free.
- What is the role of luck when it comes to success? Is it essential or unnecessary?
- Shane's advice to struggling young men.
- The downsides to "brute force" productivity over working in a smarter and higher leveraged way.
- The two forms of discipline - and how to build them.
- How perfectionism can sabotage your success and the paradigm shift needed to overcome it.