Is it wrong to be too nice? Is such a thing possible? At what point does being nice stop being a help and start being a hindrance to living a life of freedom on your terms?
We often don't consider being "nice" to be a negative trait to possess. After all, if everyone were much nicer, the world would be a better place right?
As it turns out, excessive niceness has a shadow side.
And in this episode of the ikario podcast, Dean and Shane discuss what it's like to have "nice guy" syndrome, the disadvantages of it and most importantly - how to overcome it.
In this episode...
Some of the points covered in today's conversation:
- What it means to be a "nice guy" and why it can mess up your life.
- The manipulative dark side of being a "nice guy."
- How to use introspective writing to heal.
- The importance of boundaries (& how to set them).
- A simple affirmation that might change your life.
- How to use the "nice guy" life script and turn it on it's head.
Links & Resources