Is the state of things today a failure of individuals to take personal responsibility? Or is it evidence of a total failure of the system?
If we want to be the most effective version of ourselves, make progress towards our goals and live a better life - is the individualist worldview a more effective way to get there?
In this episode, Shane and Ollie discuss where best to sit on the spectrum of personal responsibility vs systemic issues if you want to live the best life possible.
In this episode...
Some of the points covered in today's conversation:
- Why is it important to know the systemic causes for problems that appear on the individual level?
- Why the spectrum of personal responsibility and systemic issues is politicized.
- What are the merits of both approaches - and the flaws?
- Why environment truly does matter regardless of personal responsibility.
- The predictable outcomes of systemic issues.
- Why an over emphasis on personal responsibility kills empathy for others - and yourself.
Links & Resources
- Whole Food Island (ikario must read)