"Thought is action in rehearsal" - Sigmund Freud
Reaching the flow state at will is a challenge.
At ikario we often grapple with this dilemma...
Sometimes the team will be casually talking and one of us will express something so succinctly and clearly that it boggles the mind how that person did it. Pure flow. A power punch of an idea. Lightning in a bottle.
If we could create a content piece around every idea that arose from such discussions we would grow much quicker. It isn't so simple though. We've observed something strange that often occurs when you turn the camera on.
The flow state leaves. Ideas become hard to express. We freeze.
In attempting to solve this problem, our very own Shane decided to pinpoint specific topics where he often holds back. The hypothesis is that by expressing these ideas we could clear the barriers and enable more of those lightning bolt moments.
That's what we're trying to solve in our most controversial episode of the ikario podcast to date. If you're a fan of open dialogue around difficult issues then this episode is for you.
If you're easily offended, you might want to avoid this one.
In this episode...
Some of the points covered in today's conversation:
- The ever elusive and frustrating aspect of the flow state.
- Martial skills and why you should learn to throw a decent punch.
- The warrior ethos and why we should apply this to our lives.
- Why women and men are fundamentally and irreconcilably different.
- Psychedelics (should we all take them?)
- Crypto, NFT's & total self-sovereignty.