What makes a good life?
According to this now famous study from Harvard University - the greatest predictor of a life well lived comes down to a single factor. The quality of our relationships.
When you consider the divorce rates (at least in the US) being around 50%, it seems that creating a great relationship and enjoying the life-wide benefits of it seems to be a challenge.
But at ikario - we believe that the power lies within you to improve every aspect of your life including your relationships. You first need to know how.
In order to answer this question, we invited an expert onto the show.
Her name is Cheri Timko. A little bit about her...
Cheri is a Couples Relationship Coach who teaches couples to use straightforward relationship habits to build their relationship so they can build their relationship even while focused on other things. She has been happily married for 20 years. She is also a veteran psychotherapist and home school mom to three teenage daughters.
And in this episode of the ikario podcast, Cheri teaches Shane & I about how to use habits to build a great relationship.
In this episode...
Some of the points covered in today's conversation:
- 00:00 - Intro
- 02:33 - What problems does Cheri usually work with?
- 08:18 - The three systems to have a good relationship
- 11:42 - System #1: Relationship habits
- 21:50 - System #2: Addressing problems
- 34:37 - System #3: Fixing messes
- 42:14 - Relationship role models
- 46:50 - An important thing to remember
- 50:58 - The post-show wrap-up