Stillness. Calm. Quiet. Peace. Relaxation.
These aren't words you would usually associate with productivity, right?
But here at ikario - we have a concept called "high performance, low tension" that connects these two seeming contradictions.
You might assume that the higher your tension and exertion levels, the greater your performance. But this isn't always the case.
And even in times where higher stress and tension does produce greater results, that level of tension is unsustainable. Burnout happens and you spend months recovering. To avoid this - it's essential to have practices for keeping tension and stress to a minimum.
But how do we do that?
Well, in this latest episode of the ikario podcast, Shane speaks with Chloe Markham from The Yoga Revolution on the power of stillness and how to keep stress levels low as a high performer.
In this episode...
Some of the points covered in today's conversation:
- 00:00 - Intro
- 02:20 - Why Chloe teaches "non-boring" Yoga
- 05:56 - Learning how to do nothing
- 13:39 - Stillness & creativity
- 15:40 - Chloe's personal stillness practice
- 26:00 - Miracle mornings
- 31:59 - Chloe's recommendation for busy entrepreneurs
- 39:00 - Why breath-work is so powerful
- 44:08 - Chloe teaches Shane an effective breathing technique