When I think of self-defence, I imagine those Jui Jitsu classes I took when I was 12.
But there's another form of self-defence that might have been more useful. Mental self-defence. In a nutshell, it's being resilient against manipulation, scams and cons.
Essential stuff for being a strong and capable person.
We've talked about it before in our content but we have yet to cover this topic in an episode.
In this episode of the ikario podcast, Shane & Ollie interview Paul Newton - the mind reader that will steal your sh*t!
Paul helps us become scam-proof and gives us some inside tips on how con-men and tricksters catch people (so you won't become one of them).
In this episode...
Some of the points covered in today's conversation:
- 00:00 - Intro
- 03:17 - What led Paul to founding Mental Theft
- 10:35 - How scammers operate & how to avoid it
- 13:45 - What are the most common scams online?
- 26:48 - Paul, Shane & Ollie's scam stories
- 38:08 - The dangers of contactless debit/credit cards
- 48:05 - Social media, conspiracy theories & mass manipulation
- 1:09:07 - Outro & links