With the distractions of modern life, attaining optimal health is a challenge.
In the depths of the internet, you'll find such a dizzying array of diets, exercise regimes and alternative healing modalities that it boggles the mind.
But at ikario, we like to keep things simple, effective and practical. We break health down into four pretty simple aspects. These are sleep, nutrition, movement & exercise.
And in today's episode of the ikario podcast, Dean and I (Ollie) rate our own lives using these four steps and provide actionable tips and takeaways in the process.
In this episode...
Some of the points covered in today's conversation:
- 00:00 - Intro
- 03:16 - Sleep
- 06:02 - Depression & REM sleep
- 09:16 - Distractions in the evening / being a night owl
- 20:17 - The backwards way to improve sleep
- 21:28 - Nutrition
- 30:35 - Diet advice that works for 90% of people
- 38:23 - Movement & Exercise
- 48:38 - Implementing a consistent exercise routine
- 50:01 - Social Life & the importance of privacy
- 54:04 - Social quality vs quantity
- 59:06 - Stress management