When it comes to living a life of freedom on your own terms, personal power is the most important aspect to cultivate.
A big part of your personal power is how you take care of yourself mentally and emotionally. Breaking free is a difficult task, and near impossible if you're swimming in self doubt, anxiety and depression.
Mental health issues are on the sharp rise and many are finding that some models of therapy are outdated and impractical.
But luckily, not all of them.
In this episode of the ikario podcast, I talk to Martin Dunlea. Martin is a therapist working with a young and promising new model for mental health, both for prevention and treatment.
This model is called The Human Givens Approach.
If you value mental & emotional well-being this episode is a must listen.
In this episode...
Some of the points covered in today's conversation:
- 00:00 - Intro
- 02:51 - How Martin became a therapist
- 14:30 - What's different about the Human Givens Approach
- 18:00 - Breaking the cycle of depression
- 24:37 - Is depression a mystery?
- 29:15 - Our emotional needs
- 51:34 - How the attention economy is hijacking us
- 59:07 - Our inner resources
- 1:16:00 - Trauma
- 1:25:00 - The promise of this new approach