When it comes to learnable skills that can change your life and help you become a true force to be reckoned with in the world, there's one that seems to exist apart from all others.
And that skill is self-awareness.
Self-awareness enables you to see your own patterns clearly. It awards you the perspective and objectivity to choose a different response to things, instead of being stuck in the prison of habitual reactions.
And it's a skill that can be cultivated like any other. You just need to know how, and apply it relentlessly.
In this episode, Dean and Shane discuss the trans-formative potential of self-awareness as a practicable skill. And as always, expect some practical tips and takeaways.
In this episode...
Some of the points covered in today's conversation:
- 00:00 - Intro
- 04:38 - Dean's journey to self-awareness
- 09:00 - Reducing defensiveness with other people
- 17:05 - Building good habits
- 26:40 - Overcoming bad habits & addiction
- 31:40 - Dealing with self-pity
- 37:40 - Practical steps to building self-awareness
- 41:55 - There is no perfect end state