In many ways, success in life is like building a fire.
A good fire needs a strong foundation. Sometimes it needs air and space to burn well. If you pile too much wood on the fire at once, it could suffocate.
An important thing to remember is that the hottest fires are the ones that have burned the longest.
Recently, the internet has exploded with fake guru's selling their "10k per month impact mastermind course" which promises success in as little at 8 weeks.
But the harsh reality is, success gained so quickly is extremely rare, comes at tremendous cost and is often short lived. If we want to be truly successful, not just in the next few months but for the rest of our lives, what's a better alternative?
In this episode of the ikario podcast, Shane & Ollie discuss the crucial importance of playing the long game for maximizing your chances of success in business and in life.
In this episode...
Some of the points covered in today's conversation:
- The difference between linear and compounding growth - and why it's important to know the difference.
- The power of compounding growth and why we find it extremely difficult to perceive.
- Why reading books is a life changing habit for playing the long game.
- How to build a powerful reading habit.
- The long term compounding benefits of consistent meditation.
- Why becoming the kind of person who asks questions is a game changer for success over the long term.