Our minds are unusual things.
For the most part, they do a decent job of keeping things together and helping us move towards our goals. But they have a tendency to malfunction.
Sometimes in unique and catastrophic ways. This is exactly what happened to Ollie over the past few months.
In this episode of the ikario podcast, he talks about his recent experiences with anxiety, panic attacks and depersonalization/derealization and how he managed to drastically reduce his symptoms in a matter of weeks.
In this episode...
Some of the points covered in today's conversation:
- Ollie's recent battle with COVID-19 and the following mental health complications.
- The concerning link between COVID-19 and mental health issues developing in the 90 days post-infection.
- What it's like to have severe anxiety and panic.
- Two disturbing symptoms of anxiety that almost nobody talks about.
- The crucial importance of acceptance for anxiety recovery.
- What Ollie did to reduce his symptoms in a matter of weeks.
- The hidden blessing of anxiety - why fear exists in the background if it isn't heightened and overcome.
- Why the obstacle to your task is your task - the importance of prioritizing healing your anxiety.