It's been said that if you're liked by everyone, you're loved by no one.
If you're the kind of person who needs the approval of everyone to feel good about yourself and to take action, this is a problem that is holding you back in big ways.
In this episode of the ikario podcast, we're talking about the importance of developing the courage to be disliked by others in order to live a good life, succeed at work and cultivate fulfilling relationships.
In this episode...
Some of the points covered in today's conversation:
- Is true freedom being disliked by other people?
- What represents freedom in our society? Is this accurate? A quick google image search could tell you a lot.
- Why having something and not needing it is a powerful definition of freedom.
- Why the things you think you need can end up becoming a prison.
- Shane's period with having zero contact with anyone else - and how it effected him.
- How to overcome the problem of needing everyone's approval.
- Instead of asking the question "do other people like me" - ask yourself "do I like me?"
- The importance of learning how to have healthy disagreements.
Links & Resources
- The Courage To Be Disliked - Fumitake Koga & Ichiro Kishimi