Have you ever wondered why you can feel like a slick professional one day but the next, feel like you're a total beginner?
Maybe you look back at work you produced just 6 months ago and get the feeling that you haven't made any progress or even regressed.
Well, in this episode of the ikario podcast, Shane & Ollie discuss a concept that explains this occurrence in detail.
That is the concept of the "skill floor & ceiling."
Your skill is not a set point, but rather a range of potential. In this episode, we discuss how to raise your skill floor & your skill ceiling so that you can get better at more or less everything and completely crush your goals.
In this episode...
Some of the points covered in today's conversation:
- Why it's better to think of your skills as a range rather than a set level.
- Are there really people out there who are always in the zone? Or is this a fallacious over-simplification.
- Why an excessively wide skill range can be problematic.
- What a really high skill floor looks like in a person.
- How to not only raise your skill floor & ceiling, but also narrow your skill range.