We are the most disconnected society that has ever existed.
Most of us live estranged from our neighbors in isolated households and cut off from the broader community. We're animals who need connection to thrive, but our addiction to social media makes it hard to experience the quality relationships we need.
Socially, as a society, we are struggling. But what can you do as an individual to improve your own feelings of social connection?
As ever, the How to Get Your Sh*t Together series is here to provide you with the top 3 highest leverage interventions. If you want to improve the quality of your social connections, these are the 3 simplest and most powerful things you can start with.
In this episode...
Some of the points covered in today's conversation:
- What happens to us if our social connections are of very low quality or if we don't have enough of them?
- What does a positive social connection truly mean?
- How you can become like the best people in your life, and how this will drastically improve the way you interact with people.
- Why most people communicate sub-optimally.
- How changing the way that you listen and speak will improve the quality of every interaction, and thus your social life.
- "The world is full of lonely people afraid to make the first move"
- How self-righteousness is one of the biggest barriers to having a good social life.
Links & Resources
- On Becoming A Person by Carl. Rogers
- A New Earth by Ekhart Tolle
- The Culture Code by Daniel Coyle
- Green Book (Movie)
Over to You
We hope you found this episode useful! Which of the top 3 social techniques will you try first? Do you have questions or feedback? Let us know by leaving a comment below!
You can follow the ikario Podcast on YouTube and also subscribe to our clips channel.