In our last episode, we answered a persistent question in the world of personal-development. That question was:
Does self-acceptance kill your ambition?
In that discussion (check it out if you haven't already) we came to the conclusion that self-acceptance is not only harmless to your ambition, it may also be essential for your success.
As something of a follow on from that discussion, Shane & Ryan dive deep into the practice of self-love and acceptance. What do you specifically do to achieve self-acceptance?
When you recognize that you have an overly critical relationship with yourself, what do you do next? In this episode, we give you some practical steps to take.
In this episode...
Some of the points covered in today's conversation:
- What is Mirror Work and how can we use this powerful practice to cultivate a more loving attitude towards ourselves.
- What happens when we use self-love affirmations but fail to support it through our actions and behaviors (and vice versa)
- Why self-acceptance and success go hand in hand.
- Is self-love a form of weakness?
- The suffering-is-success trap and why this causes us to suffer unnecessarily in the pursuit of a better life.
- The meaning of the term lifestyle design and what it means to implement it in your own life.
- Why it's healthy to take a "you" day where you plan absolutely nothing and do exactly what you want to do.